hospital cardiac arrests every year in the UK and unfortunately only one in 10 people survive.
By installing an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) from the British Heart Foundation (BHF) at your workplace and training colleagues in both how to use it and how to perform CPR, your organisation can help more people survive a cardiac arrest. You’ll also make it crystal clear that your business takes people’s health and safety seriously.
The value of a defibrillator
Having a defibrillator on your premises is a relatively small investment that could one day save someone’s life. A cardiac arrest can affect anyone at any time – at home, work or out and about. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recommends that certain businesses have defibrillators, whilst others should perform a needs assessment to identify if they should have one. This assessment includes:
- Consideration of how many people may be in, near, or passing through your workplace (as the likelihood of cardiac arrest increases with more people);
- The age of those people (as age is a risk factor for heart disease);
- The nature of the location (as remoteness may affect emergency service response times).
Some businesses choose to have defibrillators on their premises regardless of a needs assessment, because they want to demonstrate their commitment to keeping their colleagues, customers and local community safe. As well as the BHF, IOSH, and the Resuscitation Council UK also recommend that they are available. And they get used; for example, the lives of at least 20 people have been saved since Morrisons installed nearly 500 defibrillators in its UK stores in 2017.
Solutions tailored to your needs
BHF sells a range of AEDs from leading brands, suitable for any workplace. Whether you’re a single office or multi-site organisation, our expert team can advise you and tailor a package right for your needs. All our defibrillators come with a free CPR training kit worth £45, so your staff can also be trained in this life-saving skill. BHF also offers bundles that include everything else you’ll need – from signage, cases and accessories.
With emergency services under pressure, you’ll have peace of mind that your workplace is equipped to respond to a cardiac arrest immediately. It could be the difference between life and death.
Why choose the British Heart Foundation?
- An organisation you can trust, informed by world class medical expertise and research;
- Your investment in a defibrillator will help save and improve lives by funding our research into heart and circulatory diseases;
- You’ll get expert guidance, a bespoke package, with a free CPR training kit, free delivery and free returns.