Recognising the public’s concern over a recent series of shocking statistics concerning air quality, Global leading air filter manufacturer Camfil has launched its latest Air Purifier model – The City Touch.
Globally, air pollution is the leading environmental cause of premature death, contributing to the equivalent of 5% of all fatalities worldwide. Each of us inhales more than 25 million particles with every breath we take; the more contaminants we ingest, the greater the chance of sickness and ill-health.
The City Touch Air Purifier is designed for all types of indoor environments including homes, hospitals, hotels, offices, schools and public environments, indeed, anywhere that high-quality air purification is required.
It creates a heathier indoor environment, reduces the incidence of asthma and other allergies and neutralises odour by filtering out harmful particulates in the air.
The evidence surrounding the dangers of poor air quality are alarming. For example:
- Children unfortunate enough to live in areas with high levels of particulates and nitrogen dioxide have up to 10% less lung capacity than those who don’t.
- Particulate matter and nitrogen dioxide – two of the main airborne pollutants – cost the National Health Service and social care in England almost £43 million in 2017. The total healthcare cost of air pollution is expected to be £1.6 billion between 2017 and 2025.
- In the UK, long-term exposure to particulate air pollution is estimated to have an effect equivalent to 29,000 deaths a year.
- The Royal College of Physicians has reported that exposure to air pollution leads to a loss of 15 minutes of life expectancy each day.
- Nearly 9,500 Londoners die prematurely each year from air pollution – the total for the UK is estimated at 60,000.
These, together with a host of other convincing statistics, add up to a compelling case for tackling poor air quality or, at the very least, moderating its effects.
Paul Gallagher of Camfil says: “If outdoor air is not effectively filtered and cleaned, then the indoor air can contain a large quantity of the harmful particulates that find their way into people’s respiratory tracts and circulation systems.
“These particles and other substances can combine with those already present inside buildings and become more aggressive and harmful, making indoor air pollution many more times as hazardous as the outdoor variety.
“Using City Touch air purifiers will not only help you to maintain healthy indoor air quality, but it will also help you to save energy and money.”